Adobe Connect is a web conferencing platform that enables collaborative experiences that include video, audio, screen-sharing, polls, chat, Q&A, document sharing and much more.
Canvas is Middlebury’s learning management system, and course sites can be provisioned using CourseHub.
Canvas allows you to:
- Conduct online, asynchronous discussions with your students;
- Provide feedback and post grades for assignments;
- Upload documents, videos, audio files, and more;
- Post deadlines and reminders through the calendar and announcements;
- Manage group work assignments;
- Connect via video conference with individual students, a whole class, or guest speakers.
Cidi Labs instructional design tools for Canvas help course designers improve course design, accessibility, course readiness tracking and file management.
Name and Email.
Flipgrid is an social video, audio, and text discussion tool that allows instructors and students to interact with one another in ways that may heighten social presence particularly in classes that are exploring blended, hybrid, and online modalities.
Google App integration, created by Instructure, has five main points of interoperability that promote great teaching and learning:
- Single sign-on: use your Canvas login to sign into Google (in process)
- Google Drive embedding and linking: easily embed documents from your Google Drive anywhere you use the Rich Content Editor
- Google Docs as Assignments:
- • Students can submit Google Docs as Assignments
- • Teachers can use a Google Doc to give an Assignment, and send a copy of that document to each assigned student
The Hypothesis LMS app brings discussion directly to course content by enabling students and teachers to add comments and start conversations in the margins of texts. Collaborative annotation engages students more deeply in course readings and gives teachers a view into how students are reading.
With the app installed in your LMS or course site:
Search for and embed Khan Academy videos into course material.
This Canvas LTI integrates with Macmillan's LaunchPad program.
Name and Email.
Supports integration of LibApps content within Canvas. Ex: links to library guides.