The Hypothesis LMS app brings discussion directly to course content by enabling students and teachers to add comments and start conversations in the margins of texts. Collaborative annotation engages students more deeply in course readings and gives teachers a view into how students are reading.
With the app installed in your LMS or course site:
- You can enable Hypothesis on select readings (public webpages and PDFs)
- Students don’t need to install anything
- Students don’t need to sign up for or log in to separate accounts
- A private Hypothesis group including all class members is automatically generated for each course
- Everyone in the course annotates in the private group by default on all readings
Responsible citizenship in the Middlebury community obliges users of technology services to practice and maintain safe, responsible and ethical online behavior, awareness of the impacts of one’s actions, and respect for the rights of others. Appropriate use of technology services is governed by the Middlebury Handbook and ITS departmental policies.