Canvas is Middlebury’s learning management system, and course sites can be provisioned using CourseHub.
Canvas allows you to:
- Conduct online, asynchronous discussions with your students;
- Provide feedback and post grades for assignments;
- Upload documents, videos, audio files, and more;
- Post deadlines and reminders through the calendar and announcements;
- Manage group work assignments;
- Connect via video conference with individual students, a whole class, or guest speakers.
Responsible citizenship in the Middlebury community obliges users of technology services to practice and maintain safe, responsible and ethical online behavior, awareness of the impacts of one’s actions, and respect for the rights of others. Appropriate use of technology services is governed by the Middlebury Handbook and ITS departmental policies.