Responsible Use of Computing and Networking Services and Facilities
Google App integration, created by Instructure, has five main points of interoperability that promote great teaching and learning:
- Single sign-on: use your Canvas login to sign into Google (in process)
- Google Drive embedding and linking: easily embed documents from your Google Drive anywhere you use the Rich Content Editor
- Google Docs as Assignments:
- • Students can submit Google Docs as Assignments
- • Teachers can use a Google Doc to give an Assignment, and send a copy of that document to each assigned student
Search for and embed Khan Academy videos into course material. Khan Academy focuses on short lessons on math, science, etc. Uses the embedded player so students earn points for watching videos.
McGraw-Hill Education Connect is a toolkit of learning resources. Connect provides opportunities for both formative and summative assessment.
Connect will automatically grade assignments and quizzes, and provides reports.
TAGGED LEARNING OBJECTIVES
Create assignments and run reports to assess whether students are learning course content.
SmartBook is a digital version of your course textbook. SmartBook can be accessed online through a laptop, some are available for tablet.
Canvas supports an LTI integration with Microsoft Office 365 in Assignments, Collaborations, Modules, Course Navigation, and the Rich Content Editor. This integration allows students and instructors to use, create, share, and collaborate on Office 365 files within Canvas. Users can also view their OneDrive files directly in Canvas.