Amara enables captioning and subtitling of any video. For larger subtitling projects the platform supports the management of teams of translators.
Canvas is Middlebury’s learning management system, and course sites can be provisioned using CourseHub.
Canvas allows you to:
- Conduct online, asynchronous discussions with your students;
- Provide feedback and post grades for assignments;
- Upload documents, videos, audio files, and more;
- Post deadlines and reminders through the calendar and announcements;
- Manage group work assignments;
- Connect via video conference with individual students, a whole class, or guest speakers.
Unix/Apache Web Services for personal/department/organization sites
Digital Asset Management platform, Library Content Archiving Categorization System.
Library electronic reserves platform. (Vendor: Docutek)
There's a Middlebury instance and a MIIS instance on one physical server.
Cloud-based note-taking tool. Available online, as a mobile app, and a downloadable desktop version.
Used for the resources that allow alumni access to a subset of special subscription e-resources. Web-based proxy server for access control to subscription library resources. (EZP2 has no LDAP, no Active Directory implemented.)