Canvas is Middlebury’s learning management system, and course sites can be provisioned using CourseHub.
Canvas allows you to:
- Conduct online, asynchronous discussions with your students;
- Provide feedback and post grades for assignments;
- Upload documents, videos, audio files, and more;
- Post deadlines and reminders through the calendar and announcements;
- Manage group work assignments;
- Connect via video conference with individual students, a whole class, or guest speakers.
Cidi Labs instructional design tools for Canvas help course designers improve course design, accessibility, course readiness tracking and file management.
Name and Email.
Unix/Apache Web Services for personal/department/organization sites
Image/Audio repository - allows private and public sharing & cataloging of media. Midd developed academic web sharing framework/platform.
Cloud-based note-taking tool. Available online, as a mobile app, and a downloadable desktop version.
Google App integration, created by Instructure, has five main points of interoperability that promote great teaching and learning:
- Single sign-on: use your Canvas login to sign into Google (in process)
- Google Drive embedding and linking: easily embed documents from your Google Drive anywhere you use the Rich Content Editor
- Google Docs as Assignments:
- • Students can submit Google Docs as Assignments
- • Teachers can use a Google Doc to give an Assignment, and send a copy of that document to each assigned student