Programming language for scientific data analysis and visualization, etc. Includes integrated programming environments iPython, Jupyter, and Spyder. Free and open source.
Astronomical image processing, data analysis, and data visualization software. Based on ImageJ and using Java. Free and open source.
Canvas is Middlebury’s learning management system, and course sites can be provisioned using CourseHub.
Canvas allows you to:
- Conduct online, asynchronous discussions with your students;
- Provide feedback and post grades for assignments;
- Upload documents, videos, audio files, and more;
- Post deadlines and reminders through the calendar and announcements;
- Manage group work assignments;
- Connect via video conference with individual students, a whole class, or guest speakers.
Cidi Labs instructional design tools for Canvas help course designers improve course design, accessibility, course readiness tracking and file management.
Name and Email.
Unix/Apache Web Services for personal/department/organization sites
Image/Audio repository - allows private and public sharing & cataloging of media. Midd developed academic web sharing framework/platform.
Storage, archiving, preservation, discovery, access, and sharing of research data. Provision often aligned with external funding policy compliance. Provision may be subject to access embargo or restriction. Part of Middlebury Digital Collections (MDC, Repository).